Pantomime Theatre Breaks
Can you believe it's pantomime season already? Oh no, it isn't! Oh yes, it is!
Despite originating in Ancient Rome, pantomimes have become a quintessentially British tradition, and something families all over the country look forward to watching over the festive period.
This year, why not make your seasonal trip to the theatre all the more magical with an overnight stay in a nearby hotel? You could even tie your pantomime theatre break in with a spot of Christmas Market shopping or a visit to Santa's grotto!
Here we'll share the top pantomimes in the UK this year, along with the best theatre break hotels.
Duke of York's Theatre, London
Mother Goose (15th December - 29th January)
If you're after a fun-filled, family-friendly panto full of famous faces, Mother Goose is the one for you! Mother Goose (Ian McKellen) and her husband, Vic Goose (John Bishop), have a humble and idyllic life running an animal sanctuary for waifs and strays inside an abandoned Debenhams. But when they receive an unexpected visit from a magical goose (Mel Giedroyc), will fame and fortune get the better of them?
Stay at a London hotel nearby:
- The Clermont London, Charing Cross (0.3 km away)
- Kings Cross Inn Hotel (1.9 km away)
- Club Quarters Trafalgar Square (0.3 km away)
- Marlin Aparthotel Waterloo (1.7 km away)
- The Wesley London Hotel (1.8 km away)
Search and book your theatre break hotel with Plans Change to get a fabulous festive discount.
Cinderella (4th - 31st December)
Join Cinderella as she goes from rags to riches and meets her dashing Prince Charming. Featuring special effects, plenty of audience participation and the 'fab-u-lous' Craig Revel Horwood as the wicked stepmother, there's every reason to choose Cinderella for your Christmas pantomime break this year.
Stay at a nearby hotel in Bristol:
- Future Inn Bristol (1.4 km away)
- Leonardo Hotel Bristol City (1.5 km away)
- Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel (0.1 km away)
- The Bristol (0.3 km away)
- Ibis Bristol Centre (0.4 km away)
From budget-friendly to luxury hotel rooms, please browse our listings of hotels in Bristol to find the perfect place to stay for your pantomime theatre break.
King's Theatre Glasgow
Beauty and the Beast (26th November - 31st December)
There's no denying that this tale, as old as time, is one of the most beautiful, enchanting and romantic pantomimes of all. Fall in love with the timeless story of Beauty and the Beast all over again at the King's Theatre in Glasgow this Christmas. Enjoy a host of new characters in this much-loved fairytale, including Darren Brownlie as Belle's brother Dougal and get ready for a fun-filled pantomime, complete with special effects, glitzy costumes and theatrical elements from world-class theatre productions.
Stay at a nearby hotel in Glasgow:
- Apex City of Glasgow Hotel (1 km away)
- ABode Glasgow (0.8 km away)
- Premier Suites Plus Glasgow (1.7 km away)
- Village Glasgow (2.3 km away)
- Hotel Du Vin Glasgow (3.8 km away)
Remember to check our Resale Deal pages for cheap last-minute hotels in Glasgow!
Princess Theatre Torquay
Aladdin (9th - 31st December)
Are you visiting Devon this Christmas? Add a touch of magic to your trip with a visit to the Princess Theatre Torquay. Not only is this seaside theatre known for showcasing the best West End and touring production, but it's also the place to go for panto!
This year, it's all about Aladdin and his powerful Genie. So hop on his magical carpet and discover a whole new world, alongside the wonderful cast of Hi Di Hi's Ruth Madoc as The Empress, Eastenders' Ricky Norwood as Genie of the Ring, X Factor's Jay Edwards as Aladdin and the hilarious Phil Randall as Widow Twankey!
Stay at a Torquay hotel nearby:
- The Grand Hotel Torquay (1.1 km away)
- The Imperial Torquay (0.9 km away)
Opera House Manchester
The Pantomime Adventures of Peter Pan (10th - 31st December)
Voyage on a swashbuckling trip to Neverland like never before with the Pantomime Adventures of Peter Pan. With amazing special effects, stunning sets and barrel-loads of laughter, it promises a fantastic show for the whole family. Plus, with comedy legend Jason Manford, as Captain Hook, in his first-ever panto, you know you're in for a giggle!
Make the most of your Manchester pantomime break with a visit to the Christmas Markets, open until 22nd December.
Stay at a nearby hotel in Manchester:
- Stay Inn Hotel (0.8 km away)
- Wilde Aparthotels St Peter's Square (0.9 km away)
- The Midland (0.7 km away)
- Malmaison Manchester (1.3 km away)
- ABode Manchester (1.7 km away)
Book your Manchester hotel room with Plans Change for the best price, and be sure to check out our Resale Deals for one-of-a-kind hotel room deals.
5 ways to save money on pantomime tickets
Are you looking to save money on your Christmas pantomime break? Here are our top tips to get your pantomime tickets cheaper.
- Look for seats close to 'the best seats' as they tend to be a fraction of the price
- Risk booking last minute to secure pantomime tickets at a lower cost
- If you're booking with family or friends, see if you can get a group ticket discount
- If you have a small child (under 18 months), see if you can get a 'lap seat' (where the child sits on your lap) for free
- See if any discounts apply to you - some theatre tickets offer discounts for people with disabilities and key workers
What if my festive plans change?
We know that at busy times like Christmas, things don't always go as planned, and the last thing we want is for you to spend the festive season worrying or be out of pocket. So if you book a pantomime theatre break and your plans change, re-sell your hotel room on our marketplace to get some of your money back. For more information, visit our Selling page. It's free to sign up and list your hotel room, and you'll only pay a fee if you successfully sell your hotel room on our website.